10.03.2012

18 Months


Adam loves being outside.  First thing in the morning when we come downstairs he gets our shoes and tries to open the garage door.  Good thing he can't reach the deadbolt yet because I am usually in no condition to be seen outside at that time of day.  He loves playing in all the closets and opening all drawers and cabinets.  He is good about putting things away though and likes to throw his diaper in the garbage when he gets changed.  He has started watching "Thomas the Train" and it will hold his attention longer than anything else.  It is on Netflix so while it loads I say "Ready, Set..." and then he will say "Go".  It is the cutest thing in the whole world.  He will also say "moo" when I ask him what a cow says.  He can point to his nose, toes, and tummy when asked where they each are.  He jibber jabbers a lot and understands us so well.  He will bring us things if we ask such as the remote, his pants, his shoes, etc.  He signs "more" pretty much whenever he wants anything and makes an "eh eh" noise.  He has discovered the light switches and the buttons for our intercom and LOVES pushing them.  He can't reach though so he will come grab my hand so I'll help him or he'll try to push a chair over to them.  I know I am very lucky that he still naps twice a day for two hours each time.  I'm sure that will change sometime soon.  He is about 29 lbs. and getting so heavy to carry around.  He is pretty independent though and likes to walk himself whenever he can without holding my hand.  He is definitely my big boy now.  No more baby Adam in our house!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

He's so big! And I love that Dan has a cane