9.07.2012

Music

I read this the other day:

There is a memory in every melody. 

It made me think of all the songs that remind me of a very vivid memory.  When I hear these songs now I can paint a perfect picture in my mind of what was happening when I listened to it sometime before.  It made me realize too that I don't listen to music nearly as often as I used to in my pre-married life living in DC and at college.  Don't get me wrong---I love singing "One two I love you" with Adam in the car and watching his little fingers try to count.  But I am feeling the need to make a little more effort to listen to music I really enjoy again.  I found these on a friend's blog and another friend's facebook.  I'm loving these right now:



2 comments:

Brian said...

What a fantastic quote! I'm definitely going to steal that one. It's SO true. I've actually been noticing that so much more lately, about how so much of my life is tied to music and songs. I specifically find it ironic how a kid who threw fits when his mom tried to teach him piano or encourage him to learn an instrument has become so dependent and appreciative of the intricacies of music.

kayla said...

I'm the same way I listened to music way more before I got married. I have recently started listening to it more as well just makes life more cheery and gives you more opportunities to spontaneously dance.