2.07.2011

New Light Fixture

I mentioned in this blog post that I needed to change the light fixture in Baby Boy's room and found a tutorial on how to install a pendant light fixture. Well it turns out that tutorial didn't really apply to our situation but it got me on the right track. We bought this pendant light at Home Depot for $14.97 and I bought a drum shade from Target. Since we already had an existing fixture we were replacing it wasn't as complicated as the tutorial I had first looked at. It did require a little bit of electrical work which made me nervous because neither Dan or I had ever worked with electrical wires. But it was more simple than I thought and Dan did an excellent job installing our new pendant light. I should have done a little more research though because the ring in the shade I bought was too small for the new fixture so we jimmy-rigged it and made it work. I love it! See the before and after pics below. You can tell I'm not close to being done with the room but lots of projects are in progress now so it will be all done by mid-March.


BEFORE


AFTER

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go meg! and dan! so crafty:)

Heidi said...

I want that chandelier that was in there for my dining room or kitchen. Although, I think I'd spray paint the "candlesticks" black.

Mutation's Cantation said...

coolio.
crafty meg.

Meg said...

sorry heidi- i sold it yesterday morning. and we still have some figuring out to do on the shade- it looks fine in the picture but the ring on the shade doesn't actually fit so it doesn't sit correctly...so annoying!